HAIR stylist warns beauty fans against bleaching their own hair, after being forced to save a client’s locks from a horror home dye job.
Using a boxed dye, the woman had attempted to bleach her blonde hair, but ended up with very patchy hair instead of the lighter look she was hoping for.
Desperate to fix her hair after the homemade dye went awry, the woman enlisted the help of TikTok user @dagnystark – a stylist who came to the rescue and evened out her mane.
Showing the damage done by the dye at home, the stylist examined the woman’s patchy hair color and revealed, âSo this lady came into the salon to get her hair fixed after she and her friend had decided to try to lighten her previous box. colored hair at home. “
They shared the entire process online, as they explained that they remove the color with a color remover before adding new color to the end and roots.
A permanent root color was used to even out spots at the woman’s hairline as well as a “soft highlighter,” then added toner on top to get rid of “the brassy, ââyellow color tones. and unwanted oranges “.
After a long time sitting in the lounge chair, the woman was delighted with her finished look.
âIt turned out so good. She was so happy. She hasn’t been this blonde in years and years. In fact, she ended up being such a beautiful blonde color,â revealed the stylist.
They shared that the whole process took a whopping four hours, costing $ 90 (Â£ 65) an hour.
Captioning their video, they urged other hair lovers to avoid DIY boxed dyes, writing “Don’t bleach your own hairâ¦ and if you do, I’m here to help.”
People couldn’t get over the transformation, and many commented on how “healthy” and amazing her hair now looked.
âHoly cow, it looks so natural and healthy,â one person posted.
Another said, âWow, the transformation. Hairdressing is insane. Good work. “
“So healthy, shiny and NOT yellow,” shared a third, while a shocked person added, “omg was not ready for this result.”
Meanwhile, a distraught woman shares an epic balayage failure after the hairstylist left ‘steaming’ bleached locks – and the roots are shocking.
Additionally, a beauty fan warns that people should never skip a patch test because her eyebrows FALLEN after dyeing them at home.
And an esthetician reveals why you should clean your eyelash extensions daily while sharing the grim buildup that left the woman with bald eyelids.